Thursday, February 23, 2012

when i think about it, my last post now seems ironic. today i had an ultrasound for my 11 weeks visit. unfortunately this little one in me was found without a heartbeat and measuring only approx. 8 1/2 weeks. tomorrow i will go to the medical center here in bowling green and have a d & c. like i said in my last post, i've been asking God to prepare me for the future regarding this baby, good or bad. while i don't feel like i've been blind-sided by this outcome, i have a lot of questions for God. i'm struggling to keep from being angry at Him, so if you could say a prayer tonight that i will be able to hold up my end of our relationship, i sure would appreciate it. God is in control. God is in control. i have to wonder what He's trying to teach me when the lesson hurts so bad. and i wonder what did i miss the last time that He feels like He needs to teach it to me again. i know it's human nature to wonder what i did and how i could have changed it when i'm not the one in control of the situation, but my humanness is having a hard time combating the question, what did i do wrong to make this happen again? while i may not have done anything physical to make my baby's heart stop beating, what did i do wrong as a person to cause God to take another baby away from me? deep down, i know it's not what i did or who i am that caused this, but i wish my humanness could understand.

1 comment:

  1. I know all these feelings all to well. I have one son who is six and have been through one eptopic pregnancy and I am having a miscarriage as I write this now. I don't feel shock like I did after the eptopic but it doesn't make the hurt less or the heartache go away. I keep asking praying why God? Everything was in the right place, everything seemed to be progressing, the ultrasound looked good, nausea, other pregnancy symptoms, etc. Why take this one? Why do you need my 2 babies? Why couldn't I just have one?

    ReplyDelete