Thursday, July 12, 2012

Top Ten someecards/lolsotrue/so-relatable

so, i'm addicted to pinterest. i love it. my new favorite pinterest addiction within the addiction are all the funny someecards and lolsotrue posts. they crack me UP! while i was lying in bed last night, i thought it would be fun to list the top ten that described me. you know, like the '25 random things you don't know about me' or whatever that was circulating fb a couple of years ago (i made two, lol). i don't know if anyone else will find it as amusing as i know i will, but i'm gonna do it anyway b/c i'm narcissistic ;)

#10
This is absolutely the truth. There is nothing worse than biting into something you thought was one things and turns out to be something else disgusting. 

#9
Sometimes I feel sorry for my friends because they have to listen to me talk. All I ever do is reference my favorite television show, a mel brooks movie, or something like pinterest. I guess it makes me feel less lonely and less like a societal reject for having such crazy thoughts and making goof references all the time, lol!!


#8
I've had this issue with a couple of people in the past, and it is one of my biggest pet peeves (although I'm probably guilty of it myself). I try to be a good friend, but when I get random calls from you in the middle of the night from yet another random phone number, then you tell me to call you back at said number just for it to go to the voicemail of a stranger, then when I leave a message or talk to said stranger who says you're not around you don't bother to call me back for another couple of months, again, in the middle of the night... well, we're not friends anymore.

#7

Now if we can all get on the same page about what 'right' and 'wrong' are...

#6
I don't like pie. People tell me that I don't know what I'm missing b/c I don't eat pie, and I don't really have interest in trying it (seriously, why would you try to get someone addicted to something that is bad for them? Lol!). I don't blame a lot of people in the U.S. for not knowing better. If you have never done international travel, you will not appreciate this to the capacity that you could. When people talk about racism in the U.S., poverty, or even when my kids say the phrase, 'I'm starving!' I often times cringe. I do not discount these problems within our society, but when you've seen the destitution of other people and places in the world, there is a significant shift in one's perspective. People talk about how blessed they are to live in the United States, and in some ways that's true, but I've found myself to be happier and more carefree when away from the pettiness of America.

#5

This is an example of #7, haha! The United States thinks it's so advanced in its thinking, but when you look underneath the surface, we're just as depraved as the rest of the world and need Jesus just as much as anyone else. What else can I say? We're all hypocrites.

 #4
I'm gonna get honest here for a moment (because I haven't already? Ha!). I am 5'7 and weigh in at a sturdy 200 lbs (give or take a few, depending on what time of the month it is). I'm not ashamed of this because I feel good about myself! Yes, I wish I ate healthier and exercised more to keep my body in tip-top shape because I know it would increase my energy and make me feel better in a general sense, but when I look in the mirror at my naked self, I'm not overcome with disgust at my big ole boobs and thunder thighs, or even the cellulite that dimples my butt (I could do without some of the back fat, though). I don't look like my body is out of control. And when I put on hot outfit that makes me look rockin', I start to feel like the above picture, haha!! As of late, I've had some criticism over my body (thanks, Mom), and I've decided to ignore it and be happy in my skin. Go me!!

#3
I literally feel like this is my life story. I never thought about it, but when I read this, it made me think about times that I have laughed so hard that no noise has come out, and I DO clap my hands when that happens, and, oh my gosh, this post is true!!! And then it made me laugh so hard I acted out the post spontaneously, and from there is was over.

#2
This one is one that I made myself. I hate that it's true, but I can't help it. I've tried to reel it in, but I can't seem to help myself. I'm glad that people can appreciate it for what it is: humor.

 #1

BUT

This is kind of like #2, and it's a two-for. I sometimes joke that I have no internal censoring system, but I do. I just can't resist making that joke and seeing the shocked look on a friend's face when those words really do come out of my mouth, and they don't want to laugh, but they do and they just can't help it. I once knew a lady in a former Sunday School class that said, "I love Vanessa. She brings the 'real' to the class." In another SS class, I said the word 'sex' and made a couple people blush. But the topic was spousal relationships, and my comment was completely appropriate! So I said the word sex about 6 times in a row when I pointed out that we were in a young married couple's class and, can you believe it, the majority of us in there were having sex with our spouse!! I teach 4s and 5s (year olds) in SS so I've had to bring in my inappropriateness. But if the parents of those kids only knew...

Bonus Material:









No comments:

Post a Comment